Setting: At the bottom of the stairs near our front door (sound of thunder and rain through the door)
Time: 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon
Characters: Drew holding his jacket and Carlene holding freshly baked Caramel Pecan Brownies
The house smelled with chocolate goodness as we gathered a few things before leaving for Santa Maria to have BBQ'd hamburgers with my parents. With the uncovered dessert in hand, I headed down the stairs ahead of Drew. Two steps from the bottom, my foot slipped. I landed square on my bottom, flinging the dessert upside down and on top of my slippers.
Drew, watching the fall in slow motion from the top, ran down repeating, "Are you okay..." I sat in shock. Should I cry because I ruined an amazing treat and it was now laying upside down on the stairs. Or should I laugh because the fall didn't hurt?
Thankfully the dessert was salvageable with only a slipper print on the top and missing over half the pecans, and I was uninjured. We laughed the entire way to Santa Maria, very thankful that the fall hadn't been serious.
Other notable damage: Chopped pecans and melted chocolate on the stairs, slippers and a few shoes
3 comments:
oh LOL. glad your ok car. i hate it when something yummy suddenly go splat... =) hope your busy october is going well!! =) miss you
horray it worked! been trying to figure out how to leave comments...LOL =) take care, tell your little human hello and drew!
Glad you and your brownies are OK. I'm sure Drew was torn between being worried about you and the brownies. Carmel Pecan Brownies sound amazing -- can I have the recipe PLEEEEASE???
Post a Comment