Aubrey Halleigh Miller
February 28, 2013 at 21:21
7 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches
February 28 started as a normal day, except that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was clearly agitated (maybe an effect of getting almost no sleep that night).
Picked up Drew at work for an 11am doctor appointment in Pismo. Discussed results from the NST and ultrasound which showed a content and healthy baby despite being 8 days late. Given a few dates for induction.
Headed home to discuss induction dates and picked Saturday, March 2 (3/2/2013).
12:30--Nana (my mom) kept Cal for naptime. I headed home for lunch. Ate a quesadilla, texted updates to a few friends, finished some delicious coffee cake, and laid down for a nap (remember, I got no sleep).
![]() |
| Headed to the hospital 8 days overdue |
1:30pm--Text from Drew: On my way. Arrived home in 10 minutes (should be a 15-20 minute drive).
Drew: What are you doing? Have you called the doctor?
Me (laying on the bed playing on the iPad): I'm resting. I told you they weren't painful.
Drew: You said, semi-painful, and 5 minutes apart. Call the doctor.
Me: No! This isn't labor. I'm not going to be one of those people who calls for false labor.
Drew: Then I'm taking you to the hospital. I came home. Call the doctor!
Me: Fine. (Calling midwife) Hi, Megan! Drew is making me call. I don't think I'm in labor, but....
Megan: Hospital is expecting to be full today, you better go in so that yuo get a room just in case it is labor.
Me: If it is false labor, we are going to opt to induce today since we'll be at the hospital.
Megan: Ok.
2pm-- Drew's mom arrived from Seattle (during my conversation with the midwife).
2:30--Stopped by Nana's house to say good-bye to Callen, but he was still napping.
3:00--Leisurely traveled to the hospital. Stopped for gas. I continued timing contractions and protesting going to the hospital. Drew drives calmly as promised.
4:00--Got hooked up to monitor.Contractions are confirmed at 5 minutes apart (still no pain). Admitted to hospital. Drew looks at me lovingly with a HUGE grin. Waited for a room with a tub.
5pm-- Walked around in the garden patio, sent text updates to family and friends. Contractions became painful and 2 minutes apart. Checked into room.
5-9:21pm-- Most of this is a blur. My eyes were shut. I was in the tub or on the monitors. Towards the end, Baby was pushing so hard on my back and pelvis that I gave up. Never felt that intense of pain EVER. If anyone would've asked me I would've been a 10+ on the pain scale. Nurse, Midwife and Drew took turns getting in my face to keep me motivated. Nurse started praying for me. With everything I had left, pushed Baby out. (Literally, had nothing left.)
When they finish clearing her lungs, I got to hold her. Exhausted, I laid in bed for the next 3 hours barely moving (with Cal I was up and about within an hour).
Callen and grandparents came up in the next day to meet Aubrey Halleigh Miller.
| Day 5 |





1 comment:
She is so beautiful! SO happy for both you and Drew and Callen... your family is so gorgeous. When you are up for visitors I would love to see you.... I couldn't be happier for you and you look fantastic. <3 Praying for you in this time of adjustment!!
Post a Comment